Monday, September 25, 2006

Getting back on the wagon!!!!

So training lately has been what you might call a little lacking. As well a lot has happened since our last blog entry of almost 2 weeks ago! I know people have been in suspense for the next great great entry by yours truly. Actually I'm sure you hoped it was Kristi writing because her english skills are a 'tad' better. I guess you'll have to take what you can get :)

Kristi's bum is "on the mend" as our chiro has said and I suffered a torn calf muscle during a long run, so I haven't really been able to run much. Kristi had her longest run ever yesterday at an amazing 20k and our wonderful coach Carolyn just gave us our October schedules. It's going to be one hell of a month. Forget about all the swimming, biking and strength training. If all goes well I will have run 235km in around 22 - 23 hours in the month of october with my biggest week at around 60km or 37mi! For some that is the amount they run during an off week but for me that is crazy amount of ground to cover. I'm excited to heal up and get back at it!

Guess what else is going on today! It is Disco's 1st Birthday!!! The little girl has definatly become quite a larger part of our life then I ever anticipated. She constantly makes us laugh and has become quite attached to her mum... In fact every morning Disco now cuddles up into Kristi's belly and demands a belly rub....

I know what you are thinking. These people need a life, but if you met Disco I'm sure you would warm up to her just as much as we have. Also we have a life, it's called triathlon.. oh wait you ment social life.... ya you got me there...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DISCO!

No comments: