Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Big Brother Is Eating Cupcakes

Hi everybody! I know, I know, we have a lot to catch up on. And we will, in due time. But for now, I wanted to post some pictures from my latest cupcake job. A manager at the Forest Ministry saw my cupcakes reviewed in The Victoria Vegan and decided to order some for a staff meeting. Unlike other people I've worked with, he did not care at all what flavour the cupcakes were or what they looked like -- he left it entirely up to me. So, here's what I made:


Coffee Break cupcakes: spiced cappuccino cake filled with espresso pastry cream and topped with vanilla buttercream. Finished with a home-baked sprinkle donut on top.



PB&J cupcakes: peanut butter cake filled with preserved raspberries and topped with peanut buttercream. Finished with a fresh, organic raspberry on top.



Boston Cream Pie cupcakes: golden vanilla cake filled with Madagascar vanilla pastry cream and topped with dark chocolate ganache.



And here are some of the cupcakes lined up all nicely in their boxes:



And here are the cupcakes tucked safely inside their boxes, ready to be delivered (note the plethora of kitchen gadgets stored down below):


And finally, a blurry closeup of my signature labels, which I use to seal my cake boxes:


So, if anyone out there needs cupcakes, you just let me know.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Wow. But why should I be surprised? You were always good at everything. Why shouldn't you be a world-class baker, too? :)

I just found your blog today, by happenstance. Or by facebook. Whatever. I will henceforth and forevermore be a regular reader. I miss you. I don't think about it that often, but when I do, it kind of overwhelms me. I can't believe how long ago it was, yet how it really doesn't seem all that long ago.

This morning, I was packing (we're moving...in with the parents, no less.) I found some hand warmers, circa 1996. Which reminded me of Jason Taylor, and cold nights in the stands with the good old IHS band, and you, of course. And then I got online and found your blog. Which reminded me of you again. :)

I'm glad I found you!