Tuesday, August 15, 2006

You look like killer whales!

Today like almost every other Tuesday Kristi and I normally head out to the lake for a swim. Today neither of us wanted to go, but neither of us wanted to have an empty space in our training log either. So we eventually headed out, got suited up and jumped in the lake. Once we were in the water it was great and I was happy to be out there, which is typically the case.

Today was pretty easy, we just had to do a 1500m loop. Well I wont bore you with the details of the workout, but we did get a pretty interesting comment once we were finishing up and got back to the beach.

There was a man with his wife and three kids who told us "we looked awesome
... Like 2 killer whales". After he said that I immediately looked at Kristi to see how she would take being called shamu... I know he meant it in a good way, but you would think if he was married he would know NEVER to call a woman a whale or any other large mammal. I've been married for just over a year and I learned that one long ago! Luckly Kristi took it well and the man got to leave the park with all vital organs attached. Oh ya and he asked us if we were marathoners, which was an odd question given what we were at the lake for.

Anyways, another day and another swim. Only 4 more sleeps till our goal race. I looked at the weather today and it's supposed to be sunny and 35C (~95F for any American readers :)). Not ideal by any means...

No comments: